Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sell a Little, Buy a Lot

Last week, I visited my booth space at Hildebrand's Framing & Gifts to add a few things. It had been a couple of weeks since I had been there and I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of the booth spaces have filled up plus I had a check for sales I made in the month of March! Wahoo! It wasn't enough to cover the rental, yet, but it is a start and we are heading into "tourist" season so I am hopeful that I will increase sales. Having more vendors in the place doesn't hurt either - it gives people more eye candy and reasons to shop there.  So I took a little looksy around, myself, and found some vintage items I brought home with me.
Set of 8 plastic coated or rubberized striped glasses, each a different color.
 Fun and only $4! Does anybody know who made these?

Federal Glass Country Kitchen Mixing Bowl - $3
 Since I was in the big city of Warsaw, I decided to visit a couple of other places to see what I could find. First I stopped at Oma's Thrift store and found these items:

More Federal Glass - a creamer and sugar with lid in the Golden Glory pattern - $1 for the set
Rogers Insilco Stainless Tray and a silver or pewter vase (heavy) - $1 each

Avon Milk glass Decanter - Partridge from 1973
My last stop (other than Walmart, of course) was at the Copper Top Flea Market. They were having a sale of 25% off anything with the color yellow in it. Although most of these purchases were not real "thrifty" prices, I picked up some cool items, anyway.

A vintage enamel pin or earring (that's what the lady said) made into a bracelet - $11.25

Raggedy Ann & Andy vintage twin sheet (love the colors) in mint condition - $1.88

Tulip motif triangular acrylic pitcher - $13.13
No mark - any body have ideas on manufacturer?

West Germany pottery vase - $10
There are a lot of little thrift stores, flea markets, and antique stores in Warsaw so if you are ever in that area, I encourage you to check them out. Later this week, I will share some more of my finds from the city wide garage sale in Versailles (not France) I went to on Friday. It was a spectacular week!

And in honor of the birds that are starting to arrive and nest in our neck of the woods, a final find from Warsaw.
Goldfinch Vintage Planter - 25 cents
Linking up to Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday. From my brief tour, it looks like people are finding all kinds of goodies!

3 comments:

  1. Those glasses make me think of candy.Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I saw a pitcher with the rubber exterior just this week at Value Village, if it hadn't been marked at $6.99, I would have bought it. I've never seen anything like that before and now I'm reading through the posts on Apron Thrift Girl and there was your post with rubber like glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just another note, I've seen them called " non sweat glasses"

    ReplyDelete